Our Vision: To be a Premier Knowledge-Based Business Enterprise
Our Mission: To promote and engage in knowledge-based business activities for the benefit of the University and other stakeholders through the provision of financial management, consultancy, bookstore and hospitality services
Our Core Values
UNES is part and parcel of the University and it is therefore critical that the core values of the University at all times inform those of UNES. The University’s core values are informed by the fact that the University shall nurture certain shared values derived from the virtues and moral standards of the Kenyan and the wider society. As such, the business of UNES is governed by the following core values:
- Innovativeness and creativity – Innovativeness and creativity shall be the hallmarks of our activities as we initiate and adapt to change.
- Good governance – UNES embraces and practices good corporate governance. In this regard, UNES shall ensure that all the decisions and actions are morally sound, that the company is accountable for its decisions and actions that the decision-making processes are participatory and consultative, and that decisions and actions reflect meritocracy and are open and transparent.
- Team spirit and teamwork – The tenets of teamwork and team spirit shall be the guiding principles in all UNES operations. UNES shall foster an environment characterized by teamwork.
- Professionalism and Integrity – In all its actions and interactions, UNES shall maintain ethical behavior, professional etiquette, and honesty.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness – we shall endeavor to achieve the highest value of benefit from the utilization of our resources. UNES shall ensure that all processes and procedures are imbued with efficiency and effectiveness. We are committed to setting and maintaining high standards of what we do through continual improvement in service delivery.
- Quality customer service – UNES shall provide quality services for all round customer satisfaction. The standards enshrined in the Service Charter shall guide the philosophy of the UNES Quality Management System.
- National Cohesion and Inclusiveness – UNES embraces corporate social responsibility and shall ensure that all decisions and actions embrace human dignity, equity, social justice, inclusiveness, equality, human rights, nondiscrimination, and protection of the marginalized. In all its activities, UNES shall strive to respect and protect the environment and we are committed to respecting the rule of law in all our actions.
Bookstores: UNES Bookstores offers various products including textbooks, stationery, laptops and computers, branded items, money transfer services and mobile phones to Universities, Colleges, Schools, staff and members of the public in the East African region.
Our service delivery promise:
- Courteous and timely responses to all enquiries;
- Accept criticism positively and provide room for suggestions;
- Provide efficient and effective delivery of services/products in a timely manner;
- Be accountable and transparent in our operations;
- Act at all times with the highest level of professionalism, competence and integrity;
- Promote at all times values of meritocracy and fair play;
- Provide a conducive working environment in our premises; and
- Ensure equity and fairness to all.
- Engaging us in constructive criticism;
- Providing timely, sufficient and accurate information to enable us to respond promptly to requests and enquiries;
- Treating our staff with respect and courtesy;
- Promptly paying all fees and charges;
- Being conversant with the requirements of a given service; and
- Demanding high quality services;